Wednesday, April 05, 2006

If everyone got it, it would not be this big.

It is amazing what you get as a response when contacting people. Some people get it and some people do not. I love to hear and read the responses to my contacts from people that do not know me, my background, or my successes. They tell me that helping other people reach their personal goals is wrong or immoral. This is probably because their self-esteem is so low they can not think of anything that would make them a better person. The reality is if everyone understood what was really happening and jump on board the ability to be successful would be very limited and the competition would be intense. My biggest fear is that over the next 3 years while we building this new division that will happen and everyone will be signing up and the company will no longer need to pay us the big money. We know that won’t happen, but it makes a point.

As soon as the words pyramid and scam come up I know they do not get it and they know little or nothing about the industry or our company. The next questions are “Can they be educated?” and “Is it worth the time to try?”

I was taught early on not to pre-judge anyone because the people you least expect to be successful are. At the same time we only have a limited amount of time to spend on people and I like to spend that time on people that are open minded and ready to take action.

It takes time and experience to separate someone that really does not get it from someone that is just giving you a quick excuse. There are two ways to get that experience: One make contacts and experience these people; second, do not just move on when you hear an excuse. Address it and see what the reaction is. Here are a few easy answers to quick responses:

E: I am not interested.
A: How could you be, you have not seen what any of this is about?

E: I do not have time for anything
A: This is the reason most people get started in my business so they will have more time.

E: I do not have any money
A: Does it not make sense to take a look at starting a business so you will have money?

E: Is this a scam or pyramid?
A: This Company has been in business for over 22 years, if it was a scam or pyramid it would have been shut down years ago. But please do not believe me; check it out for yourself before you make a decision.

No comments: