When people I have involved in my business come back and tell me that they can not get customers or they can not find people to get started I always asked this question:
“How many opportunities did you miss this week?”
We all miss opportunities to share our story, our company and our products to others. Just yesterday I missed a perfect opportunity to capture some business. I happened to be in a super WalMart with my family and there were two people standing in front of a self service station trying to print photographs. What seemed like an easy system to me was a very complicated stressful situation for the person trying to get their prints and the person behind them waiting. I looked over interested that Kodak was able to sell prints for 28 cents per print on a self service machine when we sell the same print for 14 cents and that people actually stand in line and get frustrated instead of doing them from home. I was busy trying to get checked out and keep my grandson entertained that I never thought about the opportunity right in front of me. I left the store and kicked myself for not at least giving them my business card. It was a missed opportunity to meet two new people and share my business.
If you are feeling that your business is not building fast enough then start to recognize opportunities. For example I look for anyone that is talking about or showing a photograph. If someone pulls out a picture it is a perfect time to share a story about my business. Once you start to recognize opportunities you will begin to recognize opportunities you have missed and you will be unconsciously training yourself. Then you will be better at recognizing opportunities as they are occurring so they are not missed.
Remember “Opportunities are never lost they are taken by others.”
Wednesday, March 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment