Sunday, January 23, 2005

Did you know there are three types of income?

Did you know that there are three different types of income? When I left school I thought you had to go to work everyday to earn a paycheck and if I wanted to make more money I had to build a business and hire people. Then I could make more money off of their efforts. It took me 20 years to figure out that this was only creating a lifetime of stress, long hours, missed vacations, and the slowest way in history to get rich. Chances are I wouldn’t be in a place of comfort until I was 65, if I survived that long. That sounds worse than a job, right? It was! Unfortunately this is what we teach in our school system. Most of our society exits school looking for a job that will pay enough to cover living expenses and a vehicle to get them back and fourth to that job. Of course we dreams and ambitions, but those are always somewhere in the future. So why doesn’t our school system have classes on how to identify and earn residual income? If you have an answer on this please comment back.

The three different types of income are:
  • Linear –You are exchanging money for time. One hour worked equals one hour paid.
  • Residual – Continuing income in the form of commissions. Normally a percentage from a recurring sale from a customer you initially brought to the business.
  • Multiplex – Money earned based on your efforts and the efforts of others.


Clearly the ultimate situation is to identify and capitalize on ways to generate multiplex income. For the average person without millions of dollars in the bank this is a challenge.

I would rather earn 1% off a 100 people's efforts than 100% of my own efforts. Author: Jean Paul Getty.

In today’s high tech world it is much less of a challenge. There are really two options: one would be to identify a new and unique opportunity and then begin contacting others to get them to market it for you. Is this possible, sure it is just look at the forum we are sharing this information on. A few years ago this was a dream a man name Tom created and marketed over the internet. The second is to find an existing organization with a cutting edge product, sound marketing plan, and stable company.

So what do you want to do to secure your future? There are positive and negative aspects to each of these income streams. Since there are there are few “secure” jobs that provide linear income, everyone’s goal should be to identify a way to create a residual or multiplex income that allows you to grow financially based on your efforts.

No comments: