I woke up this morning to over 100 new connections in LinkedIn, one of the most difficult websites to build new members. Wow what a great feeling to wake up and be connected to over 100 new people overnight, better yet these new connections opened me up to over 10,000 others that I can more easily connect with since the beginning of August.
A seemingly endless supply of new people, just about all entrepreneurs but without a plan they are just names, pictures, and email addresses. Half the time when someone accepts my invitation I receive nothing back. I always respond I always expose myself to them a second time.
I have just added a group on linked in called The Power of Five. I will be inviting my now over 200 connections to join my group. This will be another exposure.
The group is linked to a social network I just set-up so I can add them to a private social network just for this group. Another exposure to me and my work.
You get the picture. They keep seeing Mike and what I do over and over and over. Marketing by exposures, not spamming.
This is how every company in the world advertises their product. They don't slam their product on the screen and say check this out you will like it. They tell you what it does over and over.
In the world of social networking, YOU are the first product your contact must accept before they will ever listen to your product or company pitch.
No comments:
Post a Comment