I run into a number of people that tried to start a direct sales business and failed and now ask "Why should I try that again, the business does not work." I find out through discussion that they failed because of two reasons, inexperienced leaders and no training. They caught the vision but just could not make it happen and could not figure out why.
My answer is simple:
"What if I just handed you the keys to a space ship and then told you to fly it home like you already had years of astronaut training. Chances are you would never get it off the ground or fail trying. Now think about how you got started in this business and you will understand why you either did not ever get it off the ground or failed trying. You can not buy a kit and a dream from someone and take off on your own and expect to be successful. You need support and training until you feel comfortable running it on your own."
When I first started in the business I saw the business model and with my math background I quickly understood the compensation plan matrix, so I had my space ship fueled and ready to drive my business to Mars. But I did not have the tools or the training to make it happen. It took time working with the right people who did have the experience and when I worked with the tools that those leaders built and put in place, I was able to begin building successfully.
Building anything to a level of success takes training, patience, and hard work. If any one of the three things are missing it will be difficult to achieve success.
Sunday, November 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment